First annual IndieCade East teased
The winners of the IndieCade 2012 are a diverse group, the kind of groundbreaking games many of us would realistically never hear about were it not for the awards. Hopefully, you’ll be curious enough to investigate further. Here’s the breakdown:
- Grand Jury Award: Unmanned – Molleindustria
- Visuals: Gorogoa – Jason Roberts
- Audio: Dyad – RSBLSB
- Impact: Reality Ends Here – Jeff Watson and Simon Wiscombe, USC Game Innovation Lab
- Interaction: Interference – Nathalie Pozzi and Eric Zimmerman
- Game Design: Armada D6 – Eric Zimmerman and John Sharp
- Technology: Vornheim – Zak S.
- Story/ World Design: Botanicula – Amanita Designs
- Special Recognition: The Stanley Parable – Davey Wreden
- The Trailblazers Award: Elan Lee
- Developers Choice Award: Renga – wallFour
- Audience Choice Award: Hokra – Ramiro Corbetta
If you only check out one of these, make it Unmanned, as it’s playable in your browser and won’t take long to get through. I’ve come to appreciate that life as a drone pilot is rough. In addition to the winners, the brand new IndieCade East was revealed. That’s happening February 16-17, 2013 in New York City’s Museum of the Moving Image.