Can you imagine Kratos vs Link?
Nintendo are doing pretty well in the UK Charts right now. While Mario Kart 8 Deluxe continues to dart comfortably around the Top Ten, the Switch re-releases of of Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze and the debuting Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition both hold premier positions in the Top Five.
It’s not enough to shove Sony’s almighty God of War from its roost, where it has sat for five weeks now. Electronic Arts’ FIFA 18 has also pushed back into the number two slot, as Britain gets amped for another World Cup trouncing.
Elsewhere in the charts, Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey Redux and Dragon’s Crown Pro unfortunately failed to make a huge impact, debuting at 31 and 33 respectively. They’re re-releases of relatively niche titles, to be fair, but they both deserve better.
U.K. video game sales chart w/e: May 19 2018
(Chart reflects in-store sales only)
1. God of War – Sony Computer Entertainment
2. FIFA 18 – Electronic Arts
3. Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition – Nintendo
4. Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze – Nintendo
5. Far Cry 5 – Ubisoft
6. LEGO Marvel Super Heroes 2 – Warner Bros. Interactive
7. Assassin’s Creed Origins – Ubisoft
8. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – Nintendo
9. Grand Theft Auto V – Take 2
10. Call of Duty: WWII – Activision
U.K. video game charts [GFK Chart-Track]