A great way to support your favorite streamers and gain in-game rewards in Overwatch 2
To garner more attention to what many consider a total overhaul and relaunch of Overwatch, Blizzard integrated Twitch to allow people to more in-game rewards. Overwatch 2 Twitch Drops work by rewarding players for watching Overwatch 2 streamers. They’re easy to claim, and here’s how!
Everything you need to know about Twitch Drops for Overwatch 2
Pre-requisites before claiming Twitch Drops
Before you get ready and binge-watch Overwatch 2 streamers, here are a few prerequisites prior to claiming your Twitch Drops:
- You should have a Twitch account.
- You need to integrate your Battle.net account integrated or connected to your Twitch account.
- You have to watch a certain number of hours from streamers (with drops enabled) playing Overwatch 2. This doesn’t have to be a single streamer, so if your favorite Twitch Icon stopped streaming, you could switch to another player who’s playing Overwatch 2.
Claiming Twitch drops using Battle.net to Twitch integration
Now that you know how to start earning those Twitch Drops. Let’s discuss linking your Battle.net account to your Twitch.
- Log in your account at Battle.net
- Click your account name at the top-right side of the screen.
- Select Account Settings > Connections
- Find Twitch and press the + Connect button
- Log in to your Twitch account.
The last step is now to watch your favorite streamers on Twitch. Usually, it takes about six hours to get all the rewards, sometimes more. Remember that the streamer has to be playing Overwatch 2 and has Drops-Enabled. You can usually see this on the streamer’s title (most of the time, they indicate that drops are enabled) or beside the Overwatch 2 tag.
After you have racked enough hours, head over to your Drops and Rewards menu, which is under your account. Click claim on the rewards (usually hero skins and other in-game cosmetic items), which should appear in-game in Overwatch 2 within 24 hours. Note that when you change your Twitch password, you must reconnect your Battle.net account, or else the drop will expire within seven days.