Instrumental to your success
Attending Hogwarts in Hogwarts Legacy is all about bringing out the best in your custom wizard or witch. Part of increasing your success in the open-world RPG is the instrument by which you channel your magic: the wand. But what is the best wand in Hogwarts Legacy?
What is the Hogwarts Legacy best wand?
Early in Hogwarts Legacy, the tutorial section of the game focuses on the player using a default wand that is bland and blank. Once the player gets through the first few main quests, a trip to Hogmeade sees you turn in your used wand for a custom one all your own.
At this point, the player has the option to customize and pick the wand they’d prefer to use for the rest of the game. This may stump some players since they don’t know which of these is the best wand to use.
But the reality is no wand is the best wand in Hogwarts Legacy. All of the custom options are exactly the same gameplay-wise. Some of the options like the style and length may affect the visual appearance of the wand but that’s it.
None of the customizable options will change gameplay. There is no wand that will affect your offensive power, stats, spell speed, or anything like that. Instead, your other gear, like robes, outfit, headpiece, etc will affect stats.
What wand should you pick?
With that out of the way, what wand should you pick in Hogwarts Legacy? This ultimately comes down to personal preference. Since there is no superior version, you should pick the wand that best fits you.
There are a couple of ways to do that. The first is to go through all of the options for the wand features that are available as follows and pick the ones that look or sound best to you:
- Style: This is the overall visual appearance of the wand. It can create spirals on it or make a flatter wand, for example.
- Wood: This determines the wood materials that makes up the wand.
- Flexibility: This has no effect on anything, gameplay or visually, so pick anything.
- Length: This determines how long the wand will be.
- Core: This element chooses if your wand is made up of materials from a dragon, unicorn, or phoenix.
- Handle: This is the only option you can customize after the fact. It lets you equip handles that change the appearance of the bottom of the wand.
The other option for picking your wand is to take the Wizarding World wand quiz. This will choose the best wand for your personality and you can connect that result to Hogwarts Legacy to automatically have that wand in the game for you.