Incredible music for your workday
No one does racing music like Nintendo. Hell, music in general. There’s a shine and polish on their work that no one else touches, and the melodies stick with you forever. As expected, Mario Kart 8‘s soundtrack is outstanding — it’s so good that I’m willing to put up with terrible YouTube commercials to listen to it.
YouTube user vini64 has created a playlist of the entire Mario Kart 8 soundtrack for your listening pleasure. I’d recommend streaming it all if you have the kind of job that has you sitting at a computer all day, as it’s ideal background music. The soundtrack sparkles with live performances, solo highlights (fiddles, guitars, synths), and lots of fun callbacks for series fans. I’m so happy. You will be too.
If you’re short on time and want just the highlights, here are my favorites so far:
- Sunshine Airport is my jam. It’s like the happiest seizure ever.
- DS Tick Tock Clock is my other jam
- Cloudtop Cruise is a perfect example of that Nintendo polish. Incredible.
- Trumpets galore in GBA Mario Circuit
- Yeehaw! N64 Yoshi Valley
- Sweet Sweet Canyon is 1,000% Nintendo
- Twisted Mansion is not scary at all
- Hey, The OneUps, you guys should cover Dolphin Shoals
- Mixed feelings on the new Rainbow Road. I dig the B section, at least.
- And this is where you go when you die.