Demon’s Souls won ‘E3’
After folks brought out their pitchforks during the recent Xbox Series X event for not showing enough gameplay, Sony pretty much only showed gameplay today for their “Future of Gaming” PS5 stream: with some cinematic panache thrown in for good measure.
There’s a lot to unpack today. PS5 games are coming as soon as “holiday 2020,” which is when the PS5 actually arrives. A few bangers like Spider-Man: Miles Morales are going to hit that same window (possibly as launch titles), and several are slated for 2021 and 2022. We’ve gathered up a convenient list for you to peruse below: it’s going to take a while.
The big highlights are probably the Demon’s Souls remake (the best Souls, do not “at” me), as well as confirmation of the long-rumored “Resident Evil Villlage/Resident Evil VIII” project from Capcom. Others like Pragmata look like they’re going to slot in nicely, as is the very expected Horizon Zero Dawn sequel Forbidden West.
We also got a good look at the actual PS5 hardware today. It looks like it was designed straight out of the Bubblegum Crisis universe, and will sport a “standard edition” as well as a “digital edition” with no disc drive.
We still don’t know a lot yet. We don’t have a price point and we don’t have a date. But we are slowly getting there by the grace of the Dripfeed Gods.
- GTA V is coming to PS5, every PS5 owner will get GTA Online free at launch
- Spider-Man: Miles Morales should be an early no-brainer for PS5 players
- Gran Turismo is back with GT7
- Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart sees the duo’s grand return on PS5
- Square Enix announces Project Athia from Luminous Productions
- Stray is a peculiar PS5 game about a cat in a robot world
- Housemarque’s first PS5 game is Returnal, an alien psychological horror third-person shooter
- LittleBigPlanet star returns in Sackboy: A Big Adventure
- Destruction Allstars for the PS5 looks all sort of ’90s and I’m here for it
- Kena: Bridge of Spirits is a gorgeous PS5 action-adventure game
- Relive your awkward teenage dinosaur high school in Goodbye Volcano High
- Oddworld Soulstorm will bring Abe’s rebellion to PS5
- GhostWire: Tokyo is out next year
- Hitman III is coming to PS5 in early 2021
- Jett: The Far Shore is a futuristic PS5 game from Superbrothers
- Here’s your first real look at Godfall, a melee-based action RPG on PS5
- AnnaPurna’s Solar Ash looks suitably beautiful and eccentric
- NBA 2K21 will be shooting hoops on PS5 this fall
- The Octodad studio’s Googly-Eyed Strawberry game possibly won the PS5 stream
- Astro’s Playroom looks like more of a good thing on PS5
- Little Devil Inside proves the most oppressive and dangerous journeys can be adorable too
- Demon’s Souls is back for PlayStation 5 and I have chills
- Arkane’s Deathloop still has my attention
- Chris Redfield returns in Resident Evil VIII, darker than ever before
- Capcom’s Pragmata looks pretty wild
- Horizon Forbidden West looks like a proper PS5 sequel
- This is your first look at the PlayStation 5