We’ll get more substantial info next summer
Mega Man 11. It feels good to type that out. Almost eight years after the series was basically retired, there’s going to be a new Mega Man game that is not a collection or port.
So without further ado, here is what we know about the game. Given that we’re supposed to learn more in the “summer of 2018” (as per Capcom), this is probably all we’re going to get for now.
- It’s slated for the PC, PS4, Xbox One, and Switch platforms in “late 2018.”
- The first Robot Master was revealed — my guess is he’s going to be Boulder or Brick Man.
- Beat, Eddie, Roll, and Rush are set to return.
- Capcom is mum on it, but there’s a new concept afoot that involves a new UI function (a power-up of sorts with a gear icon).
- Each Robot Master weapon will have its own outfit, instead of just a recolor. There will be no “Woman” master this time leaving Splash Woman as the only robot with that honor.
- All eight Robot Masters are available from the start — no splitting into subgroups like a few games.
- The right analog stick works as a quick weapon selector.
- Sliding and charge shots are back.
- Mega Man 11 will have multiple difficulty options. Four are planned at the moment.
January Cover Revealed – Mega Man 11 [Game Informer]