Fun with portals
Bend the laws of nature with this alpha key giveaway for Splitgate: Arena Warfare.
I don’t know why no one has come up with this idea yet. And if they have, I haven’t seen it so it doesn’t count. But man, a competitive shooter using portals?! It’s genius!
Get in on the closed beta for Splitgate: Arena Warfare by taking a key!
This arena shooter lets players shoot at one another in imaginative, futuristic maps with a special twist: Players can shoot portals to enter one part of the map, and appear at another. Did you watch the trailer above? My head started spinning.
There’s a closed alpha running this weekend, and you’re invited! This weekend’s alpha run includes:
- Reimagined Maps — Helix, Olympus, Outpost and Club Silo maps have been retooled to showcase the vibrant visual and user interface upgrades. The newest map, Club Silo, is a disco night club with long corridors that open to several multilevel atriums begging for swift portal movement and frenzied firefights
- Realistic Animation System — Splitgate: Arena Warfare’s animation techniques are designed to directly affect gameplay in several ways. Players can identify weapons according to model size and unique holding position. Character models will now realistically lean into turns, interact with the environment based on intuitive physics and even change direction differently depending on which foot is forward
- Precision Sound Identification System — With the help of Los Angeles’ Mad Monkey Audio, 1047 Games has enhanced Splitgate: Arena Warfare‘s sound system, taking full advantage of Unreal Engine’s audio system to provide precise location detection for in-game sounds. Players will notice subtle changes to the pitch of specific sounds, differentiating enemy and friendly movement. Audio prioritization intelligently increases or muffles sounds based on importance to the player, such as louder enemy gunshots versus hushed friendly footsteps
- Character and Skin Customization — The addition of customizable armor options, colors and weapon skins gives players even more ways to personalize their Splitgate: Arena Warfare experience
- Savage Rail Gun — An all new Rail Gun is a devastating weapon for players, harkening back to classic arena shooters. A fully-charged shot can obliterate opponents in one hit
- Team SWAT — Players can now compete head-to-head in Team SWAT game mode. Limited to only battle rifles and pistols, players should not expect armor to save them from extreme damage multipliers and headshot kills.
I think you’re gonna dig it.
The alpha run starts Saturday, January 26 at 12:00 p.m. PST and ends Sunday, January 27 at 11:59 p.m. PST. To claim your Steam key, just use the widget below. That’s it!
We have 200 Steam keys to give away across our network, and once they’re gone, they’re gone. Note the alpha runtimes above.
Have fun, kiddos!