Paper Mario debuts at Number 2
Sony’s Ghost of Tsushima has debuted in the top spot of the UK Charts. The bleak samurai saga sold as much as four times the physical copies as Nintendo’s cutesy Switch adventure Paper Mario: The Origami King, which settled in at number two.
As reported by GamesIndustry.biz, it was still a solid physical launch for yer boy Mario, with The Origami King beating launch sales of 2016’s Wii U release Paper Mario: Color Splash and 2012 3DS title Paper Mario: Sticker Star. Last week’s number one, Codemasters’ F1 2020, is still enjoying comfortable sales and currently sits at number three.
The remainder of the Top Ten is filled out with the usual suspects, as Naughty Dog’s The Last of Us Part II sits at number five, Take-Two’s Grand Theft Auto V is at number seven, while Crash Bandicoot: N. Sane Trilogy refuses to give up the fight, and is currently parked at number nine.
U.K. video game sales chart w/e: July 18, 2020
(Chart reflects in-store physical sales only)
1. Ghost of Tsushima – Sony Interactive Entertainment
2. Paper Mario: The Origami King – Nintendo
3. F1 2020 – Codemasters
4. Animal Crossing: New Horizons – Nintendo
5. The Last of Us Part II – Sony Interactive Entertainment
6. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – Nintendo
7. Grand Theft Auto V – Take-Two
8. Minecraft – Nintendo
9. Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy – Activision
10. Luigi’s Mansion 3 – Nintendo
U.K. video game charts [GamesIndustry.biz]