Tom Nook still shifting homes
Sucker Punch’s mega-selling PS4 release Ghost of Tsushima has successfully retained the number one spot of the UK Charts. The open-world samurai epic has already broken global release records, selling 2.4 million copies worldwide in just the first three days of release, thereby becoming the PS4’s fastest-selling, first-party, original IP.
The other major release of this past fortnight – Nintendo’s Paper Mario: The Origami King – currently resides at number four, having slipped two places from its launch week standing. Speaking of Nintendo, both Animal Crossing: New Horizons and Ring Fit Adventure saw a sales resurgence, allowing the two Switch titles to climb to number two and number 10 respectively.
With very little on the horizon in terms of big-budget, mainstream releases, the UK Chart is likely to stagnate a little throughout August, with consistent sellers simply jockeying for position until September brings about the dawn of the lucrative Holiday market.
U.K. video game sales chart w/e: July 25, 2020
(Chart reflects in-store physical sales only)
1. Ghost of Tsushima – Sony Interactive Entertainment
2. Animal Crossing: New Horizons – Nintendo
3. F1 2020 – Codemasters
4. Paper Mario: The Origami King – Nintendo
5. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – Nintendo
6. The Last of Us Part II – Sony Interactive Entertainment
7. Minecraft – Nintendo
8. Grand Theft Auto V – Take-Two
9. Forza Horizon 4 – Microsoft
10. Ring Fit Adventure – Nintendo
U.K. video game charts [GamesIndustry.biz]