Destroy All Humans! beams down into the Top Ten
Sucker Punch’s PS4 smash hit Ghost of Tsushima has retained its place atop of the UK Charts, making it a third week at number one for the open-world samurai epic.
Ghost of Tsushima managed to hold off continued sales from Nintendo’s Animal Crossing: New Horizons, as well as the launch of THQ Nordic’s Destroy All Humans! with the sci-fi remaster debuting at number three. Also appearing in the Top Ten this week is Easy Day Studios’ sandbox skating title Skater XL, which finally saw release on PC and consoles after spending an extended period of time in Early Access.
Elsewhere in the Top Ten, Koei Tecmo’s anime RPG Fairy Tail debuted at number 15, while DotEmu’s Streets of Rage 4 made its long-awaited physical release, landing one step ahead at number 14. The brawler sequel has been available to purchase digitally since its launch back in April, thus its physical numbers are understandably lower than expected.
U.K. video game sales chart w/e: August 1, 2020
(Chart reflects in-store physical sales only)
1. Ghost of Tsushima – Sony Interactive Entertainment
2. Animal Crossing: New Horizons – Nintendo
3. Destroy All Humans! – THQ Nordic
4. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – Nintendo
5. F1 2020 – Codemasters
6. Paper Mario: The Origami King – Nintendo
7. Skater XL – Easy Day Studios
8. The Last of Us Part II – Sony Interactive Entertainment
9. Grand Theft Auto V – Take-Two
10. Minecraft – Nintendo
U.K. video game charts [GamesIndustry.biz]