Big update deploying today
From Software is rolling out an update for Dark Souls III today across all platforms and it’s one I’ve been desperately awaiting. I couldn’t scan the bullet points fast enough! It’s here!
Many of us have struggled to get the Blue Sentinels and the Blades of the Darkmoon covenants to work properly. In theory, they’re both supposed to automatically summon players into other worlds to help protect them against invading forces. Sure, cool. Except some of us have had that happen very few times, if at all. Out of options, we’ve resorted to a dreadfully long grind against three pain-in-the-ass knights for a chance at a rare item drop that can be exchanged for covenant-exclusive rewards. I’m about halfway through the 30-item grind after many hours, and I sure wouldn’t recommend it.
Today’s update should, in theory, help with this to some extent. From Software is altering the “range of the matching level” for these two covenants, which is vague as ever, but sounds like a start (although I’m not entirely convinced it will solve all of our problems). The studio is also loosening conditions for “optional events,” fixing bugs, and doing more balancing work.
Here are the full patch notes:
- Item collection during multiplayer while accessing NPC and Covenant Alter is now working as intended.
- Conditions for optional events is eased.
- Conditions to get Rosaria’s Finger is eased.
- If they haven’t visited the Untended Grave, players will not be teleported there.
- Kicks cannot be parried.
- The Crystal Sage will appropriately re-appear even after he has warped.
- The Dragonslayer Armour won’t die before the battle.
- Knight Slayer Tsorig will no longer gesture unintendedly.
- Siegward of Catarina will now be able to properly rescue Greirat once conditions are met.
- If the player is equipped with a ring that increases Max HP, stats will now be properly reflected when opening the equipment screen.
- The voice chat icon will now be displayed properly under the covenant panel.
- Items, bonfire and the “Quit Game” option are now appropriately active even when disconnecting online.
- If the game disconnects during a multiplayer session, it will no longer crash and return to the title screen.
- Other issues causing crashes and returning to the title screen have been fixed.
- Adjustments of the balance of game, improvements of performance and various bug fixes. have been made.
- The range of the matching level of the Blades of the Darkmoon and the Blue Sentinels have been adjusted.
- The efficiency of the following categories has been adjusted: Short Sword, Twinsword and Magic.
- Other game balance improvement and bug fixes.
There will be server downtime tonight for Dark Souls III from 4:00pm to 6:00pm Pacific on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, and from 11:00pm to 1:00am Pacific on PC, so plan accordingly.
Dark Souls III Update (4/27/16) [Dark Souls]