Are you the Best of the Best?
Epic Games has revealed more information about Fortnite‘s upcoming 6.10 update, that will bring a series of in-game tournaments to the Events section of the globally-popular battle royale title.
The tournaments, which can be entered by all players (provided they have opted in for cross-play) will give fans an opportunity to “compete alongside the pros for prizes and glory’. The tournaments appear to be running a high-score format, with all players competing to have the highest possible amount of points gained within a certain time-frame. Better break out the jam jars*
As this is cross-play, that does mean the old conundrum of “Controller vs Mouse/Keyboard vs Touchscreen” has reared its head. Epic amusingly assuages those fears by simply ignoring it, noting that some high-level competitive Fortnite players use controllers.
Below you can find the initial schedule for the first wave of tournaments. Epic suggest that you check your Fortnite client for details of your territory’s localized start times. For more information, check out the official website.
- Alpha Tournament (Solo)
- Dates: October 16 – October 21
- Description: Participate in the first in-game tournament, spanning across several days of daily competition!
- Beta Tournament (Duo)
- Dates: October 23 – October 25
- Description: Grab a friend and take on the world – until you are the last two left.
- Friday Night Fortnite (Squad)
- Dates: October 19 – November 30
- Description: Join your friends every Friday and kick off your weekend with some exciting Squad action.
- Salty Springs Cup (Solo)
- Dates: October 27 – October 31
- Description: One week and three attempts to prove you’re the saltiest that Salty Springs has to offer.
- Tomato Temple Cup (Duo)
- Dates: October 28 – November 1
- Description: Become legends of the Tomato Temple Cup.
Fortnite update 6.10 in-game tournament announcement [Official]
*[Please don’t. Take lots of breaks when playing games and stay hydrated. You could get proper poorly otherwise.]