Fortnite typically runs events or random mixups every few weeks, and this current content drop includes a fan favorite. Star Wars has been heavily factoring into Fortnite‘s event schedule for a while, and now Ahsoka Tano, star of Clone Wars/Rebels and her recent titular show, is a playable character/skin.
As Epic details in their Ahsoka debut blog post, Ahsoka Tano will not only be available as a cosmetic character; Star Wars gameplay elements from recent seasons will make a return as well. You’ll be able to speak to holograms of Ahsoka around the island, which will in turn provide “Jedi training,” resulting in abilities like faster sprints, double jumps, and force push (similar to Darth Maul and Obi-Wan NPCs in the past). These elements will be a part of Fortnite proper until version 26.30, so keep that in mind.
At 9AM ET on September 26 the outfit unlocked, which also includes a loading screen, banner icon, pickaxe, spray, back bling, [weapon] wrap, emote, and emoticon. You’ll unlock the aforementioned items through the Chapter 4 Season 4 Battle Pass quests, which will be locked in through the end of the season (which is on November 3, 2023).
Epic also reminds folks that there was just a recent hotfix, which has a few welcome changes:
- Zyg and Choppy’s Ray Gun charges and fires faster.
- TNTina’s Ka-Boom Bow charges, reloads, and recharges faster.
- Slurp Juice drops with less quantity, chug wisely!
- Havoc Suppressed Assault Rifle has increased damage and faster fire rate.
- The Foundation’s MK-Seven Assault Rifle has reduced damage and a slightly slower fire rate.
- Sticky Grenade Launcher has a slower fire rate and a longer reload time. We’ve added a cooldown when swapping between two Launchers.
- Gunnar’s Stinger SMG deals slightly more damage per bullet with decreased vertical recoil.