You’ll also get an “update bonus”
Fire Emblem Engage is still trucking with updates and DLC (via the expansion pass system), and we’re at the end of the line with this first (and potentially only) pass today, through the game’s 2.0 update. Let’s quickly break down the biggest aspects of Fire Emblem Engage 2.0.
The big thing is that Wave 4 of the expansion pass is now live. Titled Fell Xenologue, it includes new characters, maps, locations, and class types as a micro-expansion of sorts. This is on top of the prior three waves which really were micro-DLC, with smaller skirmishes and the ability to recruit spirits. 2.0 also adds more “update bonuses,” which can be acquired upon entering the Somniel: the game’s core hub.
The other tidbit (which is going to be either useless or a cool perk depending on how much you engage with Nintendo’s mobile side) includes a “collaboration” with Fire Emblem Heroes, which basically involves bonus items. Bug fixes have also been deployed in a typically vague fashion.
There’s nothing too exciting on offer here unless you’re diving into Fell Xenologue. You can check out the full patch notes for Fire Emblem Engage 2.0 below.
Fire Emblem Engage 2.0 patch notes (full link)
Ver. 2.0.0 (Released April 4, 2023)
- Compatible with Wave 4 of the Expansion Pass.
- Update Bonus has been added. You can receive items when entering the Somniel from Chapter 5 or later.
- Collaboration content with the smartphone app “Fire Emblem Heroes” can now be downloaded for free from the Nintendo eShop.
- You can receive items when entering the Somniel after downloading the data from the eShop.
- Note that players who have already downloaded the bonuses from linking with “Fire Emblem Heroes” cannot download the content again.
- Issues have been fixed to make for a more pleasant gaming experience.