Phew, that’s a long title. Looks like fans of the cartoon style of previous Final Fantasy Tactics titles (Advance and War of the Lions) may not care much for the new, darker approach to the box art above, but for those of you with a distinctly gothy streak still left over from high school (ahem), it ought to suit you just fine. Then, of course, there’s the game itself — here are the features per Square Enix:
– Explore the fantastic world of Ivalice and join forces with famous heroes from FINAL FANTASY® XII – Vaan, Penelo and Al-Cid.
– All-new content and enhancements, including polished game mechanics, new jobs, new classes, and a new clan system that enrich the Ivalice experience for fans and newcomers alike.
– The North American release will allow players to command characters in battle and navigate through menus all with a tap of the stylus.
– Witness vibrant and colorful visuals in dual-screen presentation, made possible by Nintendo DS.
– Increased replay value with up to 400 available quests, allowing players to immerse themselves in a multi-faceted storyline.
There’s more to wipe your saliva all over at the official website, which marks the title for a June 24th release. Here’s to hoping you have plenty of free time to dedicate to this one.
[Via Gaming Bits — Thanks, Jonathan]