In ‘mid-to-late December’
Back in August Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Remastered Edition was released and it had…a few problems!
In addition to some lingering quality of life issues and bugs, there was also the big holdup of wonky online play. While Square Enix has addressed a few of those things with a major post-launch patch, they still have more work to do. And now, we have a vague timeline of when the next set of fixes will arise: “mid-to-late December.”
The gist is that all platforms will get a ton of bug fixes, as well as mechanical alterations like enhanced focus attack efficacy. But perhaps most importantly, a few lobby glitches are being patched, including a bug that could result in players getting disconnected if they enter a lobby at the same time.
You’re also going to get a few more options in general, like the power to return to the world map after a boss defeats you if you just want to leave. Mobile devices are the only platforms getting specific fixes, as they will now sport an “improved reaction speed” when picking up items.
A few of these are so obvious and needed in 2020, and weren’t there at launch. But alas, if you already bought the game and are holding out, you might find enough here to jump back in. You can find the full patch notes below!
Patch Notes [Square Enix]
- Improvements to the storage function.
- Improvements to the power of focus attacks for Lilty tribe weapons; Laevateinn and Daybreak.
- Timing adjustments being made to Automatic Timeout triggers when no input is made in multiplayer mode.
- Fixing a bug where the player’s caravan automatically returns to the region where you played a dungeon in multiplayer mode. Additionally, fixing an issue with the Crystal Chalice element when trapped in a specific area.
- Fixing an issue where a boss’s HP gauge cannot keep up with the speed at which it decreases.
- Fixing an issue that occurs when a guest enters a lobby at the same time the host leaves or is disconnected and upon returning to the lobby and completing a dungeon, the original host’s flags are overwritten to replicate the guest’s flags.
- Fixing an issue where controls would no longer respond after talking to Tiel Dahl inside a building in Alfitaria.
- Fixing a bug so that flags are reset if objects that spawn a “?” element hotspot have progressed from their default state prior to reaching year 5.
- Fixing a bug where synchronisation fails if a player joins a dungeon in which myrrh drops cannot be collected just as a Boss is defeated.
- Fixing a bug occurring during the boss battle when playing multiplayer in the Daemon’s Court, where the saw is activated but does not hit monsters.
- Other minor bug fixes
- Addition of a function allowing the members of a party who have cleared a dungeon together to select an alternate dungeon to play through together on multiplayer mode.
- Changes to loot selection on the results screen so that loot will now be randomly allocated if a selection is not made before the timer runs out.
- Addition of a “Return to the World Map” option when defeated by a dungeon boss.
- Addition of a storage moogle in each town.
- Improved reaction speed when picking up items inside dungeons.