It seems like last week’s sales spike for Nintendo’s Animal Crossing: New Horizons was indeed just that, a spike, as this week sees Electronic Arts’ football sim FIFA 20 return to the number one position it has held time and again since its 2019 release.
A very quiet week for physical releases saw little change in the UK’s Top Ten. New releases such as Sakura Wars, Predator: Hunting Grounds, and Streets of Rage 4 are relying mostly on digital sales. This is not to mention the ongoing COVID-19 legislation, which is keeping many store doors shut and people in their homes.
As such, this week’s charts see the same titles jockeying for position, as Final Fantasy VII Remake, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order and, you guessed it, Grand Theft Auto V all shuffle around the Top Ten. Meanwhile, Nintendo’s Ring Fit Adventure continues to drop in and out of the Top Ten, directly proportional to its shaky stock levels.
U.K. video game sales chart w/e: May 2, 2020
(Chart reflects in-store physical sales only)
1. FIFA 20 – Electronic Arts
2. Animal Crossing: New Horizons – Nintendo
3. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare – Activision
4. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – Nintendo
5. Grand Theft Auto V – Take 2
6. Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order – Electronic Arts
7. Luigi’s Mansion 3 – Nintendo
8. Final Fantasy VII Remake – Square Enix
9. Red Dead Redemption 2 – Take 2
10. Forza Horizon 4 – Microsoft
U.K. video game charts [GamesIndustry.biz]