Fall Guys is always literal in its name. Sometimes the unrelenting chaos means that most players are gently bumped to the ground. No worries though — you can’t skin your knees if you never had any in the first place.
Other times, the fall is much more severe. The Fall Guys will go plummeting into the abyss never to be seen again. Actually, they make one more appearance. They get unceremoniously booted off the end-of-round gameshow stage. One last fall.
In Fall Guys‘ upcoming update, an abyss-plummeter gets added to the mix. Jump Showdown, which was available in the beta, is the newest permanent fixture to the Fall Guys lineup. It’s a simple obstacle course made up of counter-twirling beams and falling platforms. This tweet provides a good visual aid:
ðŸš¨ We’re about to drop a new level into rotation!!! ðŸš¨
Jump Showdown – A fan-favourite from the beta! ðŸ‘‘
We’ll be adding it in our first update TOMORROW!
Patch-notes in the thread ðŸ˜—ðŸ‘Œ
More new levels will be coming soon – along with new features & costumes ðŸ‘€ pic.twitter.com/zQ4hOI70MP
— Fall Guys ðŸ‘‘ (@FallGuysGame) August 11, 2020
There’s more than just new stuff. There’s some fixing of existing stuff, including the crown that couldn’t be grabbed. (The Crown That Couldn’t Be Grabbed sounds like a Metallica b-side.) Here are the full patch notes:
- Lowered the weighting for Royal Fumble to add more final round variation
- Fixed crash at launch with certain regional calendars set in the operating system
- Improved messaging for matchmaking and server errors
- Fixed physics behaving erratically at high framerate on levels like Tip Toe
- Fixed crown in Fall Mountain not being grabbable in rare situations
- Addressed some collisions in Block Party allowing players to bypass the blocks
- Fixed Parties sometimes failing due to too many requests
- Addressed some special characters causing display issues in player names
- Fixed Big Tease Achievement not unlocking in specific regions
- PC only — Fixed certain game controller models not being detected on PC
This update comes tomorrow. Notably, there’s no mention of cracking down on cheaters. Developer Mediatonic is working on a way to thwart speed hacks but that’ll have to wait a little longer.