Here are some facts about inFamous:
- In addition to the kitchen espresso, the inFamous team traveled to Starbucks approximately 18,200 times. Two groups of 10 people per day, five days a week.
- There were 10 inFamous babies born during development. One employee had two during that time.
- It took over 70,000 separate art, code and media check-in submissions to make inFamous.
- The inFamous team consumed 17,472 cans of diet Coke and 13,104 cans of diet Pepsi during development.
- There were no less than 14 high rise buildings constructed within 3 blocks of Sucker Punch’s offices during the inFamous development cycle.
Aren’t those facts fun! Actually it’s a little stunning to hear how much time and caffeine goes into the making of one of these blockbuster games. I don’t drink coffee, but if you’ve got an espresso machine in your office why do you need to go get Starbucks? Maybe it was for those sandwiches they have, those are good. Also, who keeps track of the number of sodas consumed?
In some actual news, the same post that informed us of these fun facts from Game Informer also gave news that inFamous will be coming to Home. No details yet on it, but if Home is really growing I suppose some people will be looking forward to it.
P.S. Overlord II also has facts.