Last of Us II is coming soon
No Batman! It turns out the tenuous links between the recent Batman game teases and Sony’s State of Play were just that: tenuous. I saw it coming from a mile away, so no worries there.
We did get some actual news though today, in this slightly higher stakes State of Play stream. The big takeaway is that The Last of Us II is coming this February, which was already teased ahead of time. In terms of Oprah-level “surprise, it’s out now news,” we have the MediEvil remake demo and L.A. Noire VR. We also got a few quick looks at some intriguing indie games like Humanity and Arise: A Simple Story.
It was alright? I’ve seen worse Nintendo Directs. The “fresh new look” for State of Play was oversold a bit, but “a few cool looking indies” is a good goal to strive for.
- Humanity looks like Intelligent Qube but with armies of people fighting each other
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare has a PS4-exclusive Survival Ops mode
- Wattam’s wackiness is coming in December
- Arise: A Simple Story for PS4 looks like one hell of a beautiful, whimsical journey
- Try out MediEvil’s surprise demo right now
- L.A. Noire: The VR Case Files out today on PlayStation VR
- Civilization VI is conquering PS4
- There’s going to be a limited edition Death Stranding PS4
- Last of Us Remastered and MLB The Show 19 headline PS Plus for October
- The Last of Us Part II is coming home on February 21, 2020