Persona 4 Golden on PC was the highlight
There’s something so weird about seeing a lot of these events on-stage for so many years, then shifting to perfectly planned out digital streams. It’s jarring, because they are inherently less jarring. I’ll explain.
Watching the game-by-game reveal session from Sony recently for the PS5 event was strange, because it wasn’t constantly cutting back to awkward live camera angles and cringeworthy presentations filled to the brim with weird jokes. Remember when Sony teased Last of Us Part II once with a venue change from a tent to the theater? E3 is wild sometimes.
But today we didn’t get to see off-the-cuff odd chiding from PC Gaming Show host Day9. Instead, it was a much more chill, highly produced video with a robot sidekick shtick. It was kind of nice in theory, even if a ton of the game reveals were old hat.
Once again pacing was a weird problem for the show, as it would spend an inordinate amount of time on games that were previously announced (with no new info to boot), then zip by (or not show) some of the more interesting projects. Mistakes happen, but two hours and change is a lot to ask for a random non-E3 Saturday.
There’s nothing to really judge it against since the 2020 June landscape is so weird, but I dug the effort at the very least when it came to the presentation: I’ll take another buddy-robot skit and green screens over a stage show in 2021. Props to PC Gaming Show for at least pivoting into this format amid all of the chaos.
Either way, we watched it so you didn’t have to. Here’s a full recap of all of the major PC Gaming Show happenings!
- Torchlight III is out in Early Access today
- Walking is one small step for man, one giant leap for Elite Dangerous players
- Persona 4 Golden is out on PC and today we have some impressions for you
- In Sound Mind is a PS5 and Xbox Series X horror game from the Nightmare House 2 team
- Sci-fi, space, and survival combine in Icarus, coming to PC in 2021
- Prodeus slips even further from summer 2020 to fall 2020 Early Access
- Sega opens Humankind up to OpenDev so you can help shape the direction of the game
- I can’t wait to build a dastardly lair in Evil Genius 2: World Domination
- Project Wingman will take flight on PC this summer
- Godfall gets some more in-depth gameplay footage
- Carto is a chill-ass puzzle exploration game that will flip your world upside-down
- Everspace 2 is getting a closed alpha starting this week
- Blankos looks like a better Roblox
- The ‘biggest DLC yet’ for Remnant: From the Ashes is coming in August
- Do the devil’s work in Rogue Lords, coming to PC 2021
- Here’s a new trailer for the Mafia remake
- I’m gonna try to write about this Mortal Shell trailer without mentioning Dark Souls
- Call of the Void looks like a badass reason to return to Dauntless
- In Potionomics you get to sell potions for other adventurers to use on their quests
- Here’s our first real look at Shadow Man: Remastered
- Live out your Gus Fring fantasies of transporting drugs in a chicken truck with Cartel Tycoon
- Story of Seasons: Friends of Mineral Town is coming to PC as well as Switch
- Twin Mirror apparently still in the works and coming ‘soon’
- Get into the July beta for Amazon’s New World by pre-ordering
- Escape from Tarkov has been in beta for multiple years, but it’s still getting patches and maps
- Metal: Hellsinger might be a banger…a headbanger
- Malpractice power fantasy Surgeon Simulator 2 coming this August to Epic Games Store
- The Outlast Trials new trailer starts out like Eli Roth’s Hostel before going very Outlast
- Gloomwood’s stealth ‘n’ slash action invokes ’90s classic Thief