The thunder, it was stolen!
Square Enix tempered our expectations by saying that their E3 “Showcase” was more like a prepped Direct, and man I’m glad they did that. With hardly any reveals it really was a showcase of trailers, giving us info we pretty much knew already just with a different flair — some of which was presented at other conferences already.
The announcement of a new Platinum joint, especially one that looks as flashy as Bablylon’s Fall, was awesome, but that’s about it, and it’s coming in a nebulous “2019” window so we might not even hear about that one for a while. The Final Fantasy XIV and Monster Hunter collab is very cool, but again, we basically were just pelted with tons of trailers and not a lot of context or Showcase exclusive material.
I feel like “it wasn’t a trainwreck” is the bar for most E3 “pressers” these days. We have Ubisoft, PC Gaming Show, Sony, and Nintendo to go!
- Final Fantasy XIV and Monster Hunter are teaming up
- Square Enix unveil trailer for Platinum Games’ Babylon’s Fall, coming in 2019
- Dragon Quest XI is going to be one hell of an adventure
- The Awesome Adventures of Captain Spirit is the first steps into Life is Strange 2
- Square Enix gives us or best look yet at Shadow of the Tomb Raider
- Square Enix unveils ‘The Quiet Man’ with a bizzare trailer
- Here’s one last look at Octopath Traveler before launch
- Just Cause 4 has tornadoes, forked lightning, and plenty of thing to blow up