There were a lot of cool looking indies!
So there were a lot of game reveals at the PC Gaming Show. Most of them were indie, but so what? We got reveal after reveal here without the constant interruptions from skits, goofy Drake’s Cakes interlude commercials, and the hosts really hit their stride after a few years of working out the kinks.
Rather than the previous droning commercials with CEOs we only got one interlude from a monitor exec, and it was fairly painless and was centered around games. For the rest, there were trailers upon trailers of cool looking projects like Starmancer, Valfaris, and El Hijo. Oh and the Epic Games Store pissed people off again. There’s a huge mess to clean up in the Shenmue III stall.
We also got to end the event with a low key tabletop announcement (given Day9’s background this is appropriate), which might not be as Earth-shattering as a big three publisher, but as a pen and paper dude, it was my jam. Top marks for improvement, and the indie-focus really fit with the lower key feel of this E3 with Sony completely absent from the madness.
- Rebellion unveils our first look at villain sim Evil Genius 2
- Own the night with Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines 2
- The Chucklefish-published Starmancer is looking good
- Protect your neck on the bloody battlefields of Chivalry II
- The asynchronous Midnight Ghost Hunt takes its inspiration directly from Ghostbusters
- Shape your own destiny in adventure sequel Unexplored 2
- Funcom’s Conan Chop Chop is a real game, not an April Fools’ joke
- The sun will kill us all in new MMO Last Oasis
- Paradox gives us another look at Age of Wonders: Planetfall, due in August
- (Update) Zombie Army 4: Dead War seemingly confirmed by Amazon listing
- Remnant: From the Ashes is a hellish co-op shooter centered around ‘all legendary loot’
- Planet Zoo is still so dang wholesome, out in November
- The wait is nearly over for Yu Suzuki’s Shenmue III
- Songs of Conquest is a lovely looking Heroes of Might and Magic successor
- Warhammer: Verminitide 2 is getting a new PvP mode soon
- We don’t know much about the Mars-centric Per Aspera yet, but it looks intriguing
- Patrice Desilets’ evolutionary title Ancestors is coming in August
- That extremely popular DOTA Auto Chess game is exclusive to the Epic Games Store on PC
- Glorious animated adventure CrisTales coming to PC in 2020
- Retro-tinted platformer Valfaris looks rad as hell
- It still isn’t safe to go back to the water, Maneater gets its villain and new trailer
- Her Story’s Sam Barlow returns with another mystery in Telling Lies
- Terraria is still chugging along, will get its fourth big update, Journey’s End, this year
- Empyream is the new expansion for Warframe, coming July 6
- Genesis Noir is a game where the title really says it all
- Help a kid with a quest in upcoming cosmic stealth adventure El Hijo
- Baldur’s Gate III is getting a tabletop prequel in September