Did you like it?
So, this year’s EA conference wasn’t filled with as much cringe as we’re used to. We got at least one soulless trailer in Need for Speed Payback amidst an underwhelming presentation, but nothing quite on the level of “Hoop Gawd” shenanigans. “Lots of sports and mostly teases” isn’t a phrase that inspires confidence, but it could have been a whole lot worse. It’s a low bar, folks.
Madden‘s story mode looks like it could be alright if Mahershala Ali is present throughout the entire narrative, Battlefield 1 is still trucking with a reiterated innocuous DLC announcement, and A Way Out could be really cool given the talent involved and the “only split-screen” conceit.
In all it wasn’t a strong conference in the slightest, but it wasn’t Ubisoft Laser Tag levels of disastrous.
- Madden is getting a story mode with Mahershala Ali
- Battlefield 1 is getting nighttime maps, Russian DLC, and a new competitive mode
- FIFA 18 gameplay and story mode trailer unveiled
- A Way Out looks set to realize our Shawshank Redemption gaming dreams
- EA introduces new BioWare IP, Anthem
- EA unveils gameplay for Need for Speed Payback
- EA is still trying to make basketball games for some reason with NBA Live 18
- EA Access and Origin Access are free this week
- Star Wars: Battlefront 2 will have a story mode, free updates