As of today, you can now grab the new “Lost Adventures” downloadable content for Orcs Must Die on Xbox Live Arcade. This five-dollar (400 Microsoft Points) pack adds in five fortresses, Frost Bats, Cyclops Mages, more skulls to earn, and a hearty selection of weapons.
The arsenal has been upgraded to include the Mana Well, Vampiric Gauntlets, Alchemist’s Satchel, Shock Zapper, and Floor Scorcher. We can all agree that the flying enemies are annoying little sh*ts, so it’s great to see a trap that is catered to taking them down.
Having only gotten into the game recently, I’m still making my way through Nightmare difficulty — but it’s consuming my free time at an alarming rate. “Lost Adventures” will likely keep me going for a few more evenings.
New Fortresses and Enemies
- Five New Fortresses – Repel the orc onslaught in four completely new fortresses plus a reverse version of The Tower where your enemies have the high ground! Each fortress can be played on Apprentice, War Mage, or Nightmare difficulty.
- Two New Enemies – Fear the icy breath of the Frost Bat, and beware the draining magical attack of the Cyclops Mage!
- New Leaderboards – Challenge your friends for the highest score on leaderboards for each of the five new levels.
- New skull rewards – Earn up to fifty additional skulls to further upgrade your arsenal of traps, including the new traps in the Lost Adventures pack.
New Additions to the War Mage’s Toolbox
- Mana Well – Place the Mana Well in strategic locations around a fortress for a burst of magical energy at just the right moment.
- Vampiric Gauntlets – Armed with these grim gauntlets, you can drain the enemy’s health while restoring yours at the same time. If you have a desperate need to use spells, you can also use the gauntlets to drain your health in exchange for mana.
- Alchemist’s Satchel – Toss a series of deadly acid bombs that explode on your command to melt flesh from the bones of multiple groups of orcs at once.
- Shock Zapper – Mount the Shock Zapper on the ceiling and zap fliers and ground units equally dead with this oversized pest remover.
- Floor Scorcher – By the time they see the fire, it will be too late. Burn entire groups of complacent enemies with this pop-up flaming surprise.