You might have been able to tell from my Jimpressions, but I’m really looking forward to Namco Bandai’s Enslaved: Odyssey to the West. With beautiful and bright visuals, some great characters, and a very cool take on a classic novel, this game is looking very hot indeed. It’s almost a shame that the game is also seeing the most ridiculous preorder exclusives yet.
Enslaved falls prey to the same “exclusive retailer bonus” bullshit that we’ve seen with Transformers and New Vegas. Here’s what you can get and from where:
- EB Games Canada/GameStop: Ninja Monkey, with “rare stun and plasma blast staff ammo.”
- Walmart: Classic Monkey, with costume based on Journey to the West and double melee damage
- Best Buy: Sexy Robot Trip, with increased stun abilities for both Monkey and her EMP blasts
- Amazon: Bonus soundtrack bundle
- Target: A bonus mini comic bundle
Seriously, five different offers at five different locations. I don’t even know what to say about that. It’s ridiculous. Can we all agree that this has entered the realm of farce, or are we going to have to wait until every single chain store in the world has its own unique bit of DLC to call its own?