The biggest cultural event since Mr. Nanny is but two months away, and info is still pouring in for the billions of fans around the nation. The new Dynasty Warriors 7 details provide Intel on the leveling system, co-op and weaponry that can be found in the game.
- Chronicle Mode (a set of one-off levels) will feature both online and split-screen co-op
- Jin’s story mode will be set after the battle of Wuzhang Plains with Jin gaining control over the kingdom of Wei. Wu’s storyline is going to focus on its earlier period as opposed to the latter years.
- Story mode looks like it’ll be single-player only.
- There will be no “guest” characters from Tecmo titles or previous Warriors spin-offs.
- There will be no character creation or intro edit modes.
- Characters now boost their stats with items instead of gaining experience in battle.
- Weapons are obtained in two ways — creating them with a blacksmith, or picking them up from defeated enemies. Freshly acquired weapons can be equipped during a battle now.
- Swimming will return from Dynasty Warriors 6.
- Japanese version features the song “Time” by KinKi Kids in its ending.
You are incredibly excited by all of this, even if you actually think that you hate the series and that you’re not interested, That’s just your brain playing tricks on you, and you should not listen to it.
[Via Koei Warriors]