Is it finally happening?
Whether it’s just another broken promise or an additional carrot on the end of the PlayStation Plus stick, the developers of Driveclub have announced that come June 1 the servers for the game will be replaced and upgraded as they “prepare for the PlayStation Plus Edition.”
We still don’t know when this mysterious version will arrive, but it would be fairly smart and kind to drop the not-really-free edition during E3 next month. Too much to ask? Probably.
In the meantime, this “significant server upgrade” that will come along with update 1.16 promises to deliver “better challenges and improve server performance across the game.”
Please note that once the update and servers go live, challenges and event history will start over. Evolution Studios said players can continue to play and create challenges, but “any events that are still active during the update will not continue on the new servers.”
Here’s the full breakdown of what’s coming with update 1.16:
- Challenges will be expanded to support an unlimited number of participants.
- Challenge notifications will be integrated into the Social Hub activity feed for easy access.
- The Challenge Menu will have a new interface to make it easier to join Challenges.
- Evolution Studios Challenges will be added to the Challenge Menu for direct and easy access.
- Invitation options will be optimised to focus on active players and reduce challenge notification spam.
- More of our favourite #PS4share pictures created by the community will be added to the Menus.
- Significant technical improvements will be made to enhance server connectivity and prepare for the PlayStation Plus Edition.