Goku and friends still Top of the Pops… Just
This week’s Ukie/GSD UK Chart listings sees Bandai Namco’s anime RPG Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot just hold on to the number one spot, beating out Activision’s Call of Duty: Modern Warfare by around 400 units.
This week’s figures – as reported by GamesIndustry.biz – see the expected titles continue to shuffle around in what has been a very quiet January. EA’s FIFA 20 and Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order are still jockeying for position around Nintendo’s Luigi’s Mansion 3 and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. Take 2’s crime sim Grand Theft Auto V maintains a respectable place in the Top Five, while Ubisoft’s Just Dance 2020 continues to sell, long after the Christmas decorations have been shoved back into the attic.
The only real motion of note this week pertains to CD Projekt RED’s The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, which has seen gradual week-on-week success in the wake of the hugely successful Netflix series. Geralt of Rivia’s third epic adventure currently sits at number 12 in the charts, nearly five years after its initial release. Toss a coin indeed.
U.K. video game sales chart w/e: January 25, 2020
(Chart reflects in-store physical sales only)
1. Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot – Bandai Namco Entertainment
2. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare – Activision
3. Grand Theft Auto V – Take 2
4. FIFA 20 – Electronic Arts
5. Just Dance 2020 – Ubisoft
6. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – Nintendo
7. Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order – Electronic Arts
8. Minecraft – Nintendo
9. Luigi’s Mansion 3 – Nintendo
10. Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 – Nintendo
U.K. video game charts [GamesIndustry.biz]