Stay awhile and zzzzz
Deckard Cain is such a fun addition to the Heroes of the Storm roster. As Chris mentioned before, he really does seem like something you’d expect as an April Fools’ joke, but Blizzard made it work.
The iconic Diablo character has joined the game today on the Public Test Realm. He’s a support capable of tossing out potions and putting his foes to sleep or sweeping them up in a punriffic “lorenado.”
New Hero: Deckard
An avid scholar, Deckard Cain has dedicated his life to the pursuit of knowledge. He has been an advisor, storyteller, and friend to Sanctuary’s greatest heroes, guiding them through peril time and again. When Deckard speaks, it’s wise to stay awhile and listen.Trait
- Fortitude of the Faithful
- When at least 1 other allied Hero is nearby, Deckard gains 10 Armor and his Basic Abilities recharge 50% faster.Basic Abilities
- Healing Potion (Q)
- Toss a Healing Potion on the ground that heals the first allied Hero that comes in contact with it for 230.
- Limit 5 active Potions.
- Horadric Cube (W)
- Throw the Horadric Cube, dealing 80 damage to all enemies in the area and Slowing them by 40% for 1.75 seconds.
- Scroll of Sealing (E)
- Unfurl an enchanted scroll, forming a triangle that deals 150 damage to enemies inside and Roots them for 1.5 seconds.Heroic Abilities
- Stay Awhile and Listen (R)
- After 1 second, Channel for 3 seconds, putting enemy Heroes in front of Deckard to Sleep while Channeling, and for 2 seconds after.
- Enemies can only be put to Sleep once per cast, and Sleep’s effects end instantly if they take damage.
- Lorenado (R)
- Vector Targeting.
- Create a swirling lorenado that travels in the targeted direction, continually knocking away any enemies that come into contact with it.
Besides Deckard’s debut, there are also changes for heroes like Blaze and Genji in today’s PTR update.
It’s now possible to leave Blaze’s bunker in your direction of choice by right-clicking, and Genji is meant to be “less frustrating to play against” with “more options to counter him.” He can still reset his cooldown on Swift Strike if an enemy hero dies two within two seconds of being hit by Dragonblade, but only at level 20 — that feature has shifted to the Level 20 Storm Talent version of his Heroic ability.
Follow the link below for the full list of changes.