Destiny 2 has a long future ahead of it.
Yesterday Bungie introduced plans for right now, plans for this coming fall and plans throughout 2021 and 2022. It seems as if the company is committed to working on Destiny 2 full-time, without the fear of a Destiny 3 reset button looming over it. That’s good news on paper, so long as Bungie can get Destiny 2 back on track and undo a lot of their more recent design decisions.
Patch 2.9.0, the most recent update, seems like a good start. 2300 Bright Dust (premium crafting reagent) has been added to the season pass, raid reward drops have been buffed and additional rewards now drop for Trials wins (read: the last two things are meant to enhance the quality of life of endgame content).
The real big news though? Bungie is overhauling controller remapping. Controller presets have always been a thing, but now you can create a completely custom controller layout. That includes in-and-out-of vehicle customizations, as well as three “types” of inputs: press, long press and double press, on top of “chords” (multi-button presses).
Destiny 2 isn’t the most complicated game as abilities are streamlined for each class, but more accessibility and customization is a great thing. Every game should allow players to swap control settings around. You can check out a rundown of the bigger patch notes below!
This Week at Bungie [Bungie.net]
- Mods now drop with through a white item bauble instead of an erroneously assigned Exotic Engram bauble.
- Duplicate mods will no longer drop from the Flawless chest.
- Additional Masterwork material rewards now drop at three, five, and seven Trials wins.
- Added a Trials weekly bounty which unlocks Trials Engrams on Saint-14.
- The bounty reward will match the Win 3 Milestone reward of the week.
- Trials Tokens distribution has been re-balanced to focus on wins three, five, and seven of a Trials Passage.
- This includes repeat Passages.
- Trials Tokens are no longer awarded from match completions.
- Tokens are now granted specifically through wins and bounties.
- Passage of Wealth now doubles the bonus Trials Tokens earned at three, five, and seven Trials wins.
- Intro quest step “Entry Pending” now requires reaching Power 1010.Nightfall: The Ordeal
- The Taken take over The Ordeal.
- Added new strikes to The Ordeal: Lake of Shadows, The Corrupted, and The Festering Core.
- Updated The Ordeal power levels to new Season 11 levels.
- Grandmaster Difficulty will become available on July 21, 2020.
- Increase Masterwork material drops for Grandmaster Nightfall difficulty.
- Grandmaster completion at Platinum, Gold, and Silver levels now have higher chances of dropping an Exotic armor item.
- Grandmaster completion at Platinum level now guarantees one Ascendant Shard (with a small chance at one additional), and four Enhancement Prisms (with a moderate chance at 1-2 additional).
- Grandmaster completion at Gold level now guarantees two Enhancement Prisms (with a moderate chance at two additional).
- Grandmaster completion at Silver level now has a small chance at two Enhancement Prisms.
UI/UXController Button Remapping
- There is a new “Custom” controller layout that, when selected, allows the player to remap what actions are bound to which controller buttons.
- Additional details can be found in the “This Week at Bungie – 6/4/2020” blog article.PC & Stadia Settings
- Reorganized Keyboard, Mouse, and Controller settings.Gear Details Subscreen
- Toggle Stat Display is now additionally supported on unequipped armor.
- Previously, this was only supported for equipped armor.
- This allows you to toggle between viewing stats associated with your gear, or overall build stats, within the gear details subscreen.Wrapped Items Container
- A new container has been added to the Inventory screen for Wrapped items/bundles providing an easy area to find your Eververse purchases.
- Wrapped items will still display in their relevant areas (Example: Ghosts in Ghosts container) as well as this new area.General
- Added several economy-related load screen hints.
PLATFORMS AND SYSTEMS
- Fixed an issue where FPS could lock at 30 FPS when relaunching the game on Steam.
- The Season 10 Luminous Bright Engram has been retired, and in its place players can now obtain the new Season 11 Mnemonic Bright Engram.
- Added a new “Flair” section to the Bright Dust tab of the Eververse that contains only Shaders and Spawn FX.
- Fixed a bug that caused the Season Pass post-purchase screens to display in the reverse order.
- A Warmind-themed Exotic Ghost is available on the Cryptarch to pick up free of charge for anyone who owned the Season 10 Season Pass.
- Multiple changes to the Season Pass rewards have been made, including:
- Consolidation of multiple Glimmer rewards.
- Removal of Legendary Weapon Ornaments.
- Addition of multiple Bright Dust reward points and increase of existing ones.
- Increased drop chance of Heroic Menagerie ship from 5% to 20%.
- Fixed an issue that caused older quests to sort in front of newer quests when players logged in.
- Ranking up the Season Pass no longer fills your Super meter.
- Fixed a bug that prevented players from earning the Benevolence triumph.
- Fixed a crash that could occur in Gambit while performing a finisher.