Space opera holds off sports double-header
Bungie’s intergalactic RPG Destiny 2 sits comfortably atop the UK video game charts, seeing off successful new entries from NBA2K18 and Pro Evolution Soccer 2018.
This makes it the second week for the Activision-published sequel, which received favourable reviews across the board, and will likely hold fort until some of the heavy-hitters come out for the holiday period.
In other chart news, Metroid: Samus Return broke the Top Ten, debuting at number 8, but was just pipped by Dishonored: Death of the Outsider, which landed at number six. Rayman Legends: Definitive Edition also hit the shelves, falling just outside the Top Ten at number eleven.
U.K. video game sales chart w/e: September 16 2017
(Chart reflects in-store sales only)
1. Destiny 2 – Activision Blizzard
2. NBA2K18 – Take 2
3. Pro Evolution Soccer 2018 – Konami
4. Fallout 4 – Bethesda
5. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy – Sony Entertainment
6. Dishonored: Death of the Outsider – Bethesda
7. Grand Theft Auto V – Take 2
8. Metroid: Samus Returns – Nintendo
9. Crash Bandicoot N.Sane Trilogy – Activision Blizzard
10. Forza Horizon 3 – Microsoft