I’ll still probably restart the day, though
Few games have me more excited to dig through patch notes than Stardew Valley. Left to my own devices, free of responsibilities, I’d be playing the hell out of it right now. I left off about a week ago trying to decide if I should get goats or become a slime farmer, and I’m still undecided.
Besides numerous bug fixes, today’s update takes another crack at improving the marriage side of the game with more unique dialogue for spouses during festivals as well as in-laws. There’s some undisclosed new “unique effect” for fruit trees struck by lightning that I’m curious about, and I am thrilled to hear death is now less punishing in the mines. Also, thank goodness, the charcoal kiln only needs 10 wood (half of the previous requirement) to produce a piece of coal. I’ve been running low.
Here’s the full list of gameplay changes:
- Spouses now say unique dialogues during festivals (most of the time), rather than the generic handful of dialogues
- Spouse stands next to you at the Dance of the Moonlight Jellies
- In-law dialogue… when you marry someone, their parents/relatives dialogues will change slightly to account for the change
- Sam, Sebastian, and Abigail now go to the saloon on fridays after you marry them.
- Spouses won’t leave on rainy days, unless they have to go to work.
- Fruit trees produce higher quality fruit as they age. (once per year, up to gold star)
- Fruit tree harvesting now involves shaking the tree to drop the fruit
- Lightning strikes now have a unique effect on fruit trees
- Lightning is more likely to strike trees and crops, but lightning rods now have a very good chance of intercepting lightning strikes (if they aren’t already processing a lightning bolt)
- Charcoal Kiln now requires 10 wood to produce 1 coal, down from 20
- Maxed-out friendship levels will no longer decay
- Added another digit to the shipping menu money counters.
- Dying in mines is less harsh: money lost caps at 5000g, rate of item loss reduced, can’t lose rings or the
- Your assigned movement keys are now used within Journey Of The Prairie King
- You can now retrieve powerups and coins that drop on the edge of the map in Journey Of The Prairie King
- The last two hearts are now greyed-out for marriage candidates until you give them the bouquet
- Willy now likes most fish dishes
- Adventurer’s Guild now sells monster slayer rewards after you’ve unlocked them (you still get the free reward)
- Hardware mouse cursor option
And those bug fixes:
- Tools left in chests within farm buildings won’t count as “missing”
- Poppy properly consumed in poppyseed muffin recipe
- Can no longer incorrectly “consume” trap bobbers (click to make them disappear with strange sound)
- Agriculturist profession no longer causes an extra 25% growth rate when speed-gro isn’t present. Speed increase effects should now properly apply to very slow-growing crops.
- Fixed sunflower seed price at JojaMart
- Chests should no longer appear on top of you in bed after upgrading your house.
- Item placement with the gamepad improved, and there is now an option to show an item placement indicator
- Snow yams shouldn’t appear in the desert anymore
- Sea Cucumber should properly appear in the fishing tab of the Shipping menu
- Farm animals should no longer get stuck on fences placed directly to the right of the barn door.
- Various minor bug fixes.
- Minor changes/fixes to dialogue
New Build — 1.07 [Steam]