Miss out on the Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II multiplayer beta and want to see what kind of performance you can get from the game on your PC? You’re in luck, for a single-player demo has gone up today on just about every download site out there. It’s a little late to the party, but the effort is still greatly appreciated.
Better yet, if you come to like what you play, you can download Dawn of War II for $37.49 on Steam until Monday, April 20. For the uninitiated, that’s 25% off the normal price. Not too shabby, eh?
Additionally, a relatively new patch is now out, in case you hadn’t heard. It addresses some balancing issues and brings another map into the mix. Hit the break for the full patch notes and click here for a gallery of screenshots for the aforementioned six-player map, Tiber Outpost.
Patch 1.2.1 — automatically downloads during Steam authentication
- New Team Battle map added! “(6p) Tiber Outpost” is now available for play.
- Implemented final fixes for the Population Cap issue as noted in Patch 1.1.3. This included reverting the temporary changes made in Patch 1.1.3.
- Tyranid Warrior Adrenal Gland upgrade damage reduced from 52 to 40
- Energy Shields no longer regenerate while active – This includes the Zoanthrope, Falcon, Hive Tyrant, Warlock, Force Commander, Mekboy and Techmarine
- Energy Shield conversion modifier reduced from .2 to .25
- Energy Shields now have an 8 second toggle on / toggle off time.
- Falcon Energy regeneration reduced from 3 to .5
- Melee damage reduction versus Rippers reduced from .25 to .3
- Zoanthrope Focus Blast now immobilizes vehicles for 12 seconds from 15
- Guardian Battle Equipment cost increased to 50/15 from 40/10
- Carnifex cost increased to 600/135 from 550/125
- Tactical Sergeant’s melee special attack reduced to 28 from 50
- “And They Shall Know No Fear” now debuffs Tactical Marine melee damage by .6
- Spore Mines can no longer enter Ravener Tunnels and Webway Gates
- Warp Spider deathspinner damage increased from 20 to 30
- Warp Spider Exarch dual deathspinner damage increased from 30 to 35
- Fixed an issue where campaign completion achievements were sometimes not awarded
Ranking and Online Stats
- Fixed an issue where players were awarded a win in Ranked multiplayer matches after modifying local files.
- Fixed an issue with automatching code to help provide better quality matches based on TrueSkill™ Rankings.
- Fixed an issue allowing players with mismatched data to be grouped together.
- Updated BugSplat error reporting to new version.