New cosmetics and mod support as well
Daily quests and challenges are precisely the boost I need to get back into Warhammer: Vermintide 2. More specifically, daily quests and challenges that lead to cool new character skins and hats.
Today’s update also brings official mod support through Steam Workshop, with a new toggle for the Official Realm and the Modded Realm available through the Vermintide 2 launcher. “Modded Realm has a no holds barred stance towards mods and custom content, but on the other hand will not be able to give new drops, allow challenge/quest completion or grant XP,” notes Fatshark.
Back to the cosmetics, the developer knows they’re an important reason why players are sticking with the game (aside from the inherent satisfaction of gradually raising your heroes’ power with better gear).
“In this update, we’re adding a lot more hats to the Commendation Chests, for all heroes and careers. And we’re increasing the drop rates of all hats and Veteran items in Commendation Chests, and loot chests from Champion and Legend difficulties.
Cosmetic hats drop from Commendation Chests, for the specific hero you have selected. We’ve made changes so that you won’t be receiving duplicate hats. If the currently selected hero already has all available hats, a random new, unique hat will be awarded to you.
There is also a small chance that a Commendation Chest will drop a Veteran item.”
Finally, the update has a few fixes and tweaks:
- Extracting Illusions no longer cost scrap. Applying Illusions now cost 10 Scrap. As the previous cost of extracting Illusions cost 20 Scrap, each player will be refunded 20 Scrap per Illusion in their inventory, when they log in.
- Added a new crafting recipe – Convert Dust. You will be able to convert Dust to a lower tier. Ten Blue Dust to ten Green Dust Or ten Orange Dust to ten Blue Dust.
- The confirmation delay when Crafting and Salvaging, has been drastically reduced.
And tackles some standing bugs:
- Several Veteran items lack a distinctive textures with glowing runes. We are working on making sure all Veteran items have cool looking skins. In this version, the Veteran Swiftbows “Edrael’s Will”, and “Spite-Tongue” now have their proper runed textures.
- Fixed some issues with our current line of cosmetics hats, to make them fit better.
- Fixed an issue for the Ranger Veteran Bardin’s talent “Last Stand” which caused the buff to be applied whenever a clip was emptied instead of when completely out of ammo.
- Fixed an issue for the Battle Wizard Sienna’s talent “World Aflame” where the power boost was not applied properly when playing as a client.
- Fixed an issue for the Witch Hunter Captain Saltzpyre’s talent “Necessary Means” where the power boost was not applied properly when playing as a client, when out of ammo.
- Fixed an issue for the Zealot Saltzpyre’s talent “Holy Crusade” where the critical strike power boost was not applied properly when playing as a client.
- Fixed an issue for the Shade Kerillian’s talent “Bloodfletcher” where ammo would not properly be awarded on backstabs.
If you’re in the mood for a melee-centric first-person co-op romp with friends and you are partial to replaying the same handful of levels over and over again to incrementally improve your character classes, Vermintide 2 comes highly recommended. It’s 25 percent off right now on Steam.