Lack of releases results in meandering rankings
It’s been a pretty slow summer for releases, and that hasn’t helped that already floundering UK physical market one bit. Case in point, Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled has returned to the top of the UK Charts, recapturing the number one slot despite a 14% drop in sales.
A lack of new entries in the entire Top 40 allowed older titles such as Red Dead Redemption 2, F1 2019 and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe to climb several places, the latter even making it back into the Top Three. In the meantime, Fire Emblem: Three Houses has begun a decline, having spent an impressive fortnight in the number one slot, but still currently holds a Top Ten place. Crash Bandicoot N.Sane Trilogy also mounted its 468th comeback, climbing from number 25 to number 13.
Elsewhere in the charts… erm… nothing happened.
U.K. video game sales chart w/e: August 10, 2019
(Chart reflects in-store physical sales only)
1. Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled – Activision
2. Super Mario Maker 2 – Nintendo
3. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – Nintendo
4. FIFA 19 – Electronic Arts
5. Grand Theft Auto V – Take 2
6. F1 2019 – Codemasters
7. Fire Emblem: Three Houses – Nintendo
8. Red Dead Redemption 2 – Take 2
9. Minecraft – Nintendo
10. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate – Nintendo
U.K. video game charts [Ukie]