N.Sane Trilogy making another play for the top
While Europe is all go for video game news – what with the ongoing Gamescom event in Germany – here in the UK the physical charts remain at a standstill, the result of a fairly dry late summer release schedule.
Activision’s Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled remains at the number one spot for a second week, and has also inspired yet another play for the brass ring by retro compendium Crash Bandicoot: N.Sane Trilogy, which re-enters at number eight. Other than that, it’s mostly business as usual for the Top Ten, with many titles retaining their places from last week.
Elsewhere in the charts, Spyro Reignited Trilogy re-entered at number 19, while several LEGO titles pushed back into the Top 20. In the two years I’ve been writing up these weekly charts, this is definitely the most stagnant few weeks I’ve reported. No doubt things will shake up as we approach Fall, and all the big guns come out to play.
U.K. video game sales chart w/e: August 17, 2019
(Chart reflects in-store physical sales only)
1. Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled – Activision
2. Super Mario Maker 2 – Nintendo
3. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – Nintendo
4. Grand Theft Auto V – Take 2
5. F1 2019 – Codemasters
6. Red Dead Redemption 2 – Take 2
7. Minecraft – Nintendo
8. Crash Bandicoot N.Sane Trilogy -Activision
9. Minecraft: PlayStation Edition – Sony Interactive Entertainment
10. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate – Nintendo
U.K. video game charts [Ukie]