You can’t keep a good marsupial down
Crash Bandicoot rules the roost once again, having toppled Final Fantasy XII from the number one spot and holding off the newly-released Splatoon 2, which saw a solid debut at number two.
Waiting in the wings, still, is Grand Theft Auto V, which climbed back into the top three. That game is never going away. Sudden re-entries were seen from Mario Kart 8 up from thirteen to four, and Bethesda’s Fallout 4, which made it back into the top ten from number nineteen.
Crash obviously has the numbers on his side, due to the prevalence of the PS4 over the Nintendo Switch, but I’m eager to see if the squid-now-kid-now inklings of Splatoon 2 can hit the number one slot next week. We’ll see.
U.K. video game sales chart w/e: July 22 2017
(Chart reflects in-store sales only)
1. Crash Bandicoot N.Sane Trilogy – Activision Blizzard
2. Splatoon 2 – Nintendo
3. Grand Theft Auto V – Take 2
4. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – Nintendo
5. Overwatch – Activision Blizzard
6. Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild – Nintendo
7. Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age – Square Enix
8. FIFA 17 – Electronic Arts
9. Fallout 4 – Bethesda
10. Lego Worlds – Warner Bros. Interactive
U.K. video game charts [GFK Chart-Track]