This one looks incredible
Bask in this SNES-inspired RPG in our contest for Tangledeep.
I gotta say, my favorite part about hunting down games to feature for contests is finding absolutely stunning ones like this one to present to you guys. A lot of games come out these days, and it’s so easy for stuff to kind of get lost in the shuffle, which is why it’s such a joy to find things to highlight. It helps out the dev teams because they get some extra coverage in a crowded news cycle, and y’all get a free game to check out! It’s great, and I hope to do this until the day I die.
But I’m still alive, so contests live on with me. Enter this one for a Switch copy of SNES-inspired dungeon crawler Tangledeep!
Impact Gameworks did a heck of a job putting this game together, so I’ll let them tell you about it.
For hundreds of years, people have enjoyed the peaceful tranquility of underground settlements and villages, where the only route to the surface is Tangledeep, a mysterious and ever-changing labyrinth. With memories of the surface world long forgotten, you set out for the labyrinth to discover what lies above…
Tangledeep features a robust and customizable job system with 12 unique jobs to master. The game also supports a number of features designed to give players the perfect level of difficulty. You can opt for the true roguelike challenge of permadeath, or simply return to town upon death, for example. It’s also possible to share progress between characters by using the banking system – or by planting magic trees and raising monsters in town.
Key features include:
- Experience finely-tuned, procedurally-generated and handcrafted gameplay as you fight challenging monsters, complete quests, and collect rare items.
- Master deep, tactical turn-based combat across 12 unique jobs with more than 100 skills.
- Choose between three game modes — including Adventure Mode, which removes the pain of permadeath:
- Heroic Mode — Defeat is not the end! Some progress and items can be shared between characters.
- Hardcore Mode — The traditional roguelike experience! If you are defeated the game ends.
- Adventure Mode — Play without the fear of permadeath, traditional RPG style.
- Capture almost every monster in the game and raise them in the Monster Corral as a pet, or breed them with other monsters!
- Make your experience easier, harder, or just plain wackier with more than 10 Game Modifiers.
- Share some of your progress between characters by using the banking system and planting magic trees.
- Explore Item Dreams, randomized mini-dungeons where anything goes — and power up your gear!
- Take in the scenery – comprised of beautiful 16-bit graphics and carefully handcrafted maps.
- Relax to a beautiful soundtrack inspired by the most legendary RPGs of the SNES era, composed by award-winning composer Andrew Aversa, and joined by Hiroki Kikuta (Secret of Mana), Grant Kirkhope (GoldenEye 007, Civilization: Beyond Earth), and Norihiko Hibino (Metal Gear Solid 3, Bayonetta).
- Participate in daily and weekly challenge runs, and compare to your friends with Leaderboard support!
For some of these contests I get super tempted to keep a key for myself. This is definitely one of those contests.
To enter, comment below telling us a time you were like me and got tempted to cheat, keeping something for yourself. Did you keep it, or did you reluctantly do the right thing? Jury’s out on what I’ll end up doing, but if I say in the next paragraph that we only have two keys to give out, you’ll know I kept the third like the cheater I am.
We have three (I’m very reluctantly doing this) keys to give out. Our keys are for North American eShop accounts, only. Winners will be drawn on Friday, February 8. Make sure you comment using a Dtoid-generated Disqus account, and that your Dtoid account is up to date with your current email address. If you’re a new user, click here to create an account. Just three years ago I was a regular user shitposting on Dtoid. Now I work here. Hell of a world we live in, folks.