It’s a fight to the bottom!
It’s contest o’clock! Today we’ve got Vertical Drop Heroes HD on the menu.
Gravity is so underappreciated. What kind of idiot would go up a tower fighting off baddies when you could just as easily go down that tower and let gravity do all the heavy lifting?
Not this idiot, that’s for sure! Tell elevation to eat dirt with your brand new copy of Vertical Drop Heroes HD, newly launched for Nintendo Switch.
Vertical Drop Heroes HD is a platformer/RPG hybrid where you fight to reach the bottom. Monsters, demons, and ghouls plague your tower, and it’s your job to hack, slash, and cast through them to reach the boss at the end. Each randomly-generated level hides enemies and traps for you to uncover, and getting the drop on your foes unlocks new abilities and special skills to aid you on your quest.
Key features include:
- Randomly generated stages with destructible terrain
- Split screen, local co-op (supports split Joy-Con play)
- Tons of skills, abilities, traits, and powers to unlock
- Unique combat system encourages proper planning over quick reflexes
- Persistent upgrades allow you to carry forward progress between games
- Every enemy and boss is designed to provide challenge and variety
- Created by one-man indie machine, Nerdook, in his unique style
My whole life has been a race to the bottom, so this is right up my alley.
To experience the gravitational gameplay for yourself, comment below telling us which platform you’d like, and your best use of gravity. As someone who falls down constantly (usually in a drunken stupor) I can tell you that uncontrollably falling into bed is a whole lot easier than using my legs to gently lower me there like a chump. Gotta cut out the middle man, ya know?
We’ve got ten Switch (seven NA, three EU), five PS4 (NA), and five Xbox One (region-free) keys to give out. Winners will be drawn Tuesday, October 9. Make sure you comment using a Dtoid account that is up to date with your current email address. If I can’t email you, I can’t fall down on top of you with no regard for your safety.