Today’s PS4 and PS5 showcase was mostly known quantities
Any month with a Nintendo Direct and a State of Play is a good month for video game news – especially when they’re main events, not mini showcases or single-game streams like we’ve been seeing.
The February 2021 State of Play presentation starts today at 2:00 pm Pacific. It’s about 30 minutes.
What to expect from the show: “new updates and deep dives for 10 games coming to PS4 and PS5,” according to Sony. What not to expect: “PlayStation hardware or business-focused updates.”
There’s been enough of a gap since the last showing – and we’re early enough into the PS5 generation – that I feel like people can speculate just about anything right now, and there’s a chance it could happen. One example: the chatter surrounding the March PlayStation Plus lineup is heating way up.
Expect little, dodge disappointment. That’s my motto.
(Update) These are the highlights from the very-very-low-key-until-it-wasn’t State of Play:
- Five Nights at Freddy’s: Security Breach brings back its animatronic horrors
- SIFU is the next action game from Absolver developer Sloclap
- Solar Ash looks amazing, comes to PS4 and PS5 this year
- Oddworld: Soulstorm is a PlayStation Plus freebie on PS5 in April
- Kena: Bridge of Spirits is out in August and the price is right
- Yuffie returns this summer in Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade