More to do in Civ: BE
Update: GMG’s deal dropped another $3 to account for the 10% off instant savings.
Pre-orders for Civilization: Beyond Earth – Rising Tide (the first expansion) went live today, and you know what that means… deals coupled with a free Steam weekend event! A good time to try the game for those who haven’t taken the plunge on Civilization: Beyond Earth.
Before you worry about not having enough months to give Civ:BE a whirl this weekend, you’ll actually be able to experience most of what the game has to offer in a two- to three-day period given that Civilization games sans expansions can usually be a lighter affair.
Here’s all the associated deals available for this weekend:
- Sid Meier’s Civilization: Beyond Earth – Rising Tide (Steam Key) — $20.79 (list price $30)
- Use coupon: SAVE23-WITHGM-GAUG15
- Sid Meier’s Civilization Beyond Earth + Starships (Steam) — $20.99 (list price $50)
- Sid Meier’s Civilization: Beyond Earth (Steam) — $19.99 <- historic low is $15
- Civilization: Beyond Earth Free Weekend — through Aug. 17 @ 1pm Eastern
Pre-ordering at GMG gets you the Steam key of the October 9 release for Rising Tide at 23% off, whereas Steam only has a standard 10% pre-order price cut. Among the deals in the series includes a “Classic Bundle” which is not worth buying (hence we didn’t list above).
Also available is the Civ: BE + Starships bundle for only $21 — a notable historic low. Starships isn’t exactly a must-have title, but for those that want both, this is a good price.