Don’t be SCAR-ed
I’ve been playing PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds nonstop for the last week. I even got my first Chicken Dinner because someone blew got killed by their own grenade! I’m hooked.
The game’s not perfect, though. Anyone who’s played (or watched) a few matches knows that PUBG‘s a bit rough around the edges. It’s still in early access, of course, and it’s been interesting to watch how the game’s evolved over the last few months.
One of the first major changes coming to Battlegrounds revolves around the item spawns. According to a post on the game’s Steam Community page by Brendan “PlayerUnknown” Greene, some spawn-related tweaks to weapons and items will be coming in the next monthly update.
Loot Balance – First Pass – Changelog
- New weapon, the Groza, was added. This weapon may only be acquired in Care Packages.
- VSS will no longer be found in Care Packages. It will remain to be spawned in the map.
- At a low probability, you will be able to acquire AR Silencers and SR Silencers in Care Packages.
- At a low probability, you will be able to acquire 4x Scopes in Care Packages.
- New weapon, a 9mm pistol with full auto mode, the P18C, was added.
- Spawn rate of SCAR-L was decreased to better fit the weapon’s tier.
- Spawn rate of UMP was slightly decreased.
- Spawn rate of UZI was slightly increased.
- Level 1 Helmet was being spawned at a much higher rate than the Level 1 Vest, and the spawn rate was adjusted so that both items will be spawned at a similar rate.
Though the changes are notable, Greene stresses that they are in no way set in stone. “We will most likely be making several more of these passes during the course of Early Access,” he writes “so please don’t take this week’s upcoming changes to the balance as final!”
I’m going to miss my UMP.