Capcom has announced that on March 9 (or somewhere around there, pending Microsoft’s 34,487 levels of certification), Lost Planet players will receive an update. The patch will add additional multiplayer features, as well as fix some bugs/exploits that were discovered post-release. This is not the first patch for Lost Planet, which also required an update the very day it was released.
My personal favorite new “feature” will be an indicator that’s being added next to the Gamertag of a person who is speaking in Team Elimination, Post Grab, and Fugitive modes. Uh, I’m sorry — didn’t we decide this was a necessary “feature” last generation? How on Earth does a game ship without that?
Oh, the good old days — you’d buy a console game and (for better or for worse) what you bought it was you got. But a new day is upon us; patches and updates are just about as next-gen as you can get.
You’ll find a full list of bug fixes and updates after the jump.
[Source: Gamertag Radio]
• In the pre-game lobby, a country flag icon will be shown next to the Gamertag of each player. This will be especially helpful for determining location of the match host.
• In the pre-game lobby, an icon will be added next to each player’s Gamertag, indicating connection strength, speed and rating.
• In Team Elimination, Post Grab and Fugitive modes, an indicator will be added next to the Gamertag of the person who is speaking.
• At the post-match Results screen, an indicator will be added next to the Gamertag of the person who is speaking.
• At the post-match Results screen, Gamertags of the players who have left the session will be darkened.
• Sometimes in Fugitive mode there would be multiple Fugitives instead of just one – Fixed
• Occasionally, if an error occurred on the lobby screen, another lobby screen would be displayed on top of it – Fixed
• Sometimes when there was a long delay/lag, the game would hang at the transition screen going from the lobby to the game and then reboot – Fixed
• Sometimes when there was a long delay/lag, depending on the console, certain players in the match would become invisible for the duration of the match – Fixed
• Sometimes post-match Results screens would show players who did not participate in the match – Fixed
• Starting a taunt animation during a reload shortened the reload time as an exploit – Fixed