Pokemon Sun & Moon shine on
Activision’s military-shooter Call of Duty: WWII is celebrating a third week at the top of the UK Charts, holding off strong debuts from Electronic Arts and Nintendo.
EA’s controversy-laden shooter Star Wars Battlefront II debuted straight into second place. A reminder that no matter how angry the internet gets at a title, it’s still often a minority voice compared to overall global view of a product. Conversely however, despite this high ranking debut, sales for the Sci-Fi shooter are reportedly down sixty percent over the previous Battlefront‘s launch weekend.
Nintendo’s Pokemon Ultra Sun and Moon released on 3DS this week and, as expected, made a very strong showing, debuting in fourth and fifth place. Also making it into the Top Ten are EA’s management title The Sims 4 and the re-release of Rockstar’s murder-mystery, L.A. Noire. Lego Marvel Super Heroes 2 closes out the chart at number ten.
U.K. video game sales chart w/e: November 18 2017
(Chart reflects in-store sales only)
1. Call of Duty: WWII – Activision
2. Star Wars Battlefront II – Electronic Arts
3. FIFA 18 – Electronic Arts
4. Pokemon Ultra Sun – Nintendo
5. Pokemon Ultra Moon – Nintendo
6. Assassin’s Creed Origins – Ubisoft
7. The Sims 4 – Electronic Arts
8. L.A. Noire Remastered – Take 2
9. Super Mario Odyssey – Nintendo
10. LEGO Marvel Super Heroes 2 – Warner Bros. Interactive
U.K. video game charts [GFK Chart-Track]