Before you get too excited about another map, Call of Duty: World at War PC players, keep in mind this free “new” map is essentially “Makin,” but with daylight. Also, the balloons aren’t real. I’m sorry to ruin the surprise, but someone had to do it.
On the other hand, the PC version of World at War has gotten another patch before its console brethren, and can be downloaded here. I guess it’s not all bad when you take this into consideration.
The full list of fixes can be found after the jump, but the patch mostly just addresses in-game exploits and balancing issues for the bolt-action rifles.
- Free Multiplayer Map! The tide is out and the sun is high – this daytime version of Makin sheds new light on the battle!
- Fixed exploits that allowed for power ranking servers.
- Fixed router related server authentication errors.
- Fixed HTTP Redirect functionality for downloading mods
- Fixed sound device crashes stemming from Emulated Sound Devices
- Fixed exploit which allowed players to color their name tag.
- Hits now register properly while targeted player is leaning.
- Enabled /cg_drawfps in multiplayer games.
- Fixed command-line +connect functionality
- /cg_fov no longer resets to the default value in between matches.
- Dedicated servers automatically reconnect to the Master Server in case the Master Server resets.
- “Accept Game Invite” is bound to its default key, F10.
- Implemented fix for attempting to join password protected servers from the server browser.
- Fine tuned Bolt-Action Rifles for balance.
- Screenshots no longer overwrite each other.
- Fixed various multiplayer map related issues and exploits.