‘Guardians should expect a much greater challenge’
If you’ve been playing Destiny 2 you may have noticed some lingering issues in specific activities, but Bungie is squashing those issues next Tuesday. No, it’s not as catastrophic as the bug from February, but some recent Nightfall runs and a few quests might have been more annoying than they should have.
As announced on their official blog, Bungie is cleaning up the Lake of Shadows and Festering Core Nightfalls: by fixing an accessibility issue in the former and making the latter much tougher (the Director level-select system said it required 1080 Power, but it’s actually set at a breezier 750 – oops!). The Means to an End quest progression bug is also getting fixed, as well as a problem with Ruinous Eggify and Umbral engrams.
Sadly, a reward nerf is coming too, as XP, Glimmer and “chances toward Exotic or Bright engrams” are now back to a weekly lockout setting: directly after they opened them up. It’s kind of baffling as XP and glimmer gains are kind of a non-issue so long as players are actually having fun, and with sunsetting content coming soon, Bungie is giving players less of a reason to run existing content before it goes away. It’s classic Bungie.
The studio intends on beefing up the hotfix a bit with final patch notes next week, but before then you can check out the preview below.
This Week at Bungie [Bungie.net]
HOTFIX PREVIEWNext Tuesday, we’ll have a fresh hotfix to address some issues that were introduced in Destiny 2 Update 2.9.1. While Destiny Player Support will have a run-through of patch times below, we have a quick preview of patch notes for you.Nightfall: The Ordeal
- Fixed an issue where the Ordeal version of Lake of Shadows was inaccessible at tiers above Adept for players who do not own Forsaken.
- Fixed an issue where the Festering Core Master Nightfall was listed as 1080 Power in the Director, but was actually 750 Power.
- Guardians should expect a much greater challenge when engaging with this strike.Raids
- Leviathan rewards of XP, Glimmer, and chances towards Exotic Engrams or Bright Engrams are now back on a weekly lockout.
- Note: Weapons and armor are not affected by the weekly lockout, and can be earned multiple times a week.Investment
- Fixed an issue where some players could not acquire the “Means to an End” quest from the Prismatic Recaster.
- Fixed an issue where Ruinous Effigy could trigger the heal from the Stronghold Titan Exotic armor while blocking with the carry object.
- Fixed an issue where Umbral stat Focused engrams could provide less than 10 in the selected stat.