Math is pretty cool when someone — or something, as it may be — is there to give you the end result. In this case, we have Bungie bringing us some hard figures for Halo: Reach, presumably with a good amount of help from the game’s backend data tracking.
Reach brought in “four times the number of total unique users and decimating Halo 3‘s all time high of concurrent users by more than 65%,” writes the studio. Other data for the first week of the game being obtainable by the public includes:
- 70 Million+ Games have been played
- 235 Million+ Player-Games have been played
- 2 Million+ Files have been uploaded to File Shares
- 5,901 man-years have been spent in online Reach games (sorry, Corporate America!)
- 20 Million Daily challenges have been completed
- 709,840 Weekly challenges have been completed
- 165 Billion Credits have been earned
And to think, I was impressed to see people with the rank of Captain already.
Halo: Reach Week 1 – By the Numbers [Bungie.net]