Just as good as a sequel?
Rockstar is continuing its trend of mobile re-releases by announcing that Bully: Anniversary Edition is now available on Android and iOS. This release contains all of the extra features from the Wii, Xbox 360, and PC release of the game, so players who have only ever played the original should be in for a treat. The game is listed for $6.99 on the Google Play store and has yet to be updated to the Apple Store.
The wording on this release is a little unclear, but I don’t believe any new content is being added. The graphics have been redone and there are touch controls, but the exclamation of new “Friend Challenges” kind of fits in with the stuff included in the Scholarship Edition. The Scholarship Edition of the game included extra classes, eight new missions, additional characters, and two player mini-games, so I’m not sure if the “Friend Challenges” are anything different.
Here is Rockstar’s official breakdown of the features included for Anniversary Edition:
- Includes the complete Bully story with extra missions, characters, classroom mini-games, and unlockable items from Bully: Scholarship Edition
- Gorgeous graphics: high resolution textures, dynamic lighting, shadows and particle effects
- Native support for high resolution displays
- Challenge your friends anywhere with turn based multiplayer Friend Challenges. Play on the go and get notified when it’s your turn
- Intelligent touch controls with contextual buttons only when you need them
- Seamlessly continue your game across all your devices with cloud saves via the Rockstar Games Social Club
- Physical controller support
Hopefully sales for this will spark some kind of fire at Rockstar to develop a sequel. I know I could go for another year in the life of Jimmy Hopkins.